Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Journal

I have been using this blog as a journal to keep track of what my kids are doing in their lives. So I thought I would do an update on them.

I'll start with Sydney. My little Sydney is such a joy to be around. When she is home the house is never quiet. She loves asking questions and wants to know about everything around her. She loves the direction left. She always wants whichever is on the left. She wants to sit on the left. She loves left. Random I know. She also has been very interested in what she was like as a baby. The other day at dinner she asked me, "Mom when I was a baby did you go to the hospital and pick me out of a pen of babies?" She thought that we just showed up at the hospital one day and picked her out of a play pen. I explained that she came straight from Heavenly Father into our lives and there was no "pen" involved. :) She is everything girly. She loves skirts and dresses and wears them most everyday of the week. The only time when she wears pants is when I make her because it is so cold outside. She loves to dance and twirl and is a huge fan of Taylor Swift. She is a great big sister and tries to take care of Tyler and play with him. She did teach him about monsters in the playroom, which I was not very excited about. So she also has a bit of a tease in her. Sydney loves to watch Dancing with the Stars and has specific opinions about who she likes. It depends on their color of clothes, shoes, twirl factor and music. Not much to do with dancing. In the meantime she dances like Elaine on Seinfield. She's a very interpretive dancer. She is my angel and the light of my life. We always say "I love you as big as..." And then fill in the blank. Sydney, I love you to the moon and back.

Tyler is another joy in my life and completely opposite of girly. He loves his camo pants and wants to wear them every day. He also loves his Kachow slippers and is so cute when he runs around the house in them. He moves at a million miles an hour, but still gives the best hugs. He will randomly come up to me and give me kisses. Yesterday he was playing doctor and kept giving me pretend shots, and I would cry and say Ouch! He would immediately follow it with a kiss. It was a great game. Tyler loves dinosaurs. He has a big box of dinosaurs and puts them in a boat, a train, a car, whatever he can and plays with them all the time. He also loves cars and trucks. He likes to walk around with a toy in each hand. He is growing so big and being so helpful. He likes for me to give him chores around the house. I have found a few things that I can ask him to do and he loves it. I will ask him to take something and throw it away or go hand me something. He loves to be a helper. Whatever Sydney is doing Tyler wants to be involved in. He likes to sing and has such a sweet voice. He doesn't like loud noises like the vacuum or my hair dryer. He likes to be around people and yet enjoys his naps and playing alone sometimes. He loves hats. He will keep a hat on his head for hours, but he doesn't like shoes or socks on his feet. Every time we go somewhere in the car the first thing he does is take off his socks and shoes. Tyler is talking more and more everyday. The other day I was changing his poopy diaper and I said, "Tyler you stinky." He immediately replied, "I not stinky, I poopy!" I love my little boy!

Both of the kids bring Ryan and I such happiness. We are so blessed to be able to spend time with them and be their parents. Love you two!

No comments:

Post a Comment