Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer Activities

We have had a busy summer. Recently I took the kids camping with some friends. Sadly Ryan had to work. We missed him greatly, but still had a lot of fun. We camped at Beverly beach and the kids loved it. They slept great in the tent and loved playing at the beach with the Watson family. We went to Newport Aquarium one morning. The pictures turned out really cute.

















We also went blueberry picking, which is a favorite for my kids. Every year we go and pick blueberries and make blueberry cheesecake ice cream. They love blueberries!!






It was also Tyler's official birthday. We celebrated his birthday 3 times. First in Utah with family there. Second in Oregon with family here. And then the official day. What a lucky boy! On his official birthday (July 8) we celebrated by eating donuts for breakfast (a tradition) and going swimming at a fun pool. For snack that morning I gave the kids apples and raisins - trying to do something healthy after the donuts. Tyler loved the raisins, but pushed the apples away and said "ice cream please." It cracked me up. He had to wait until that night for cupcakes and ice cream. And he got his favorite dinner - pizza! Thanks to Grammy (Gayle) for coming up and celebrating with us. The kids had a lot of fun.




























Because the kids both had their birthdays recently, I asked Doug to come up and take some pictures. They turned out really cute. It always takes some patience, and thank heavens for digital cameras, but we got a few that I absolutely love! I am so blessed with these two wonderful children. I absolutely love them. I am also thankful for Ryan for working so hard so I can stay home with them. It is such a wonderful blessing.



























































2 comments: