Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

Sydney started her first day of Kindergarten yesterday. It was an exciting day for her. Her teachers name is Mr. "B". She was a little nervous to go for the first day. Daddy gaver her a blessing the night before and I think it calmed her nerves a little bit. We woke up yesterday and Daddy made her favorite breakfast of homemade waffles and bacon. Then we got the family all ready to and walked her to school. Tyler insited on taking his backpack too and Brady insisted on sleeping the whole time. We found her room and met her teacher and she sat right down and looked like a pro! When Mr. B said it was time for the family members to go, we left and I both Tyler and I were shedding a few tears. In truth, I only shed a few tears and Tyler went sobbing out of the school. I asked him what the matter was and he said he didn't want Sydney getting a new Mom and Dad. After I explained that she was coming home in just a few hours he calmed down a little bit. It sill took awhile for him to warm up to the idea of her being gone for a little bit everyday.

When Sydney got home she said she LOVED school. Her favorite part is recess and she knows all the rules. She gets to ride the bus home and she was a little confused and told the bus driver to go down the wrong street. But we got her home safely and she had a great experience for her first day. She is super excited to learn to read this year. I know she will have a great year and make all kinds of new friends. I am both happy and sad that she is starting. She is definitely ready to move on in life but like all moms I am not quite ready for her to leave home yet. Thank heavens it's only Kindergarten!


















No comments:

Post a Comment