Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lazy Days of Summer

Before school started I decided that I wanted to work on a project with each of the kids. We had been watching the Cake Boss on our netflix and Sydney LOVED the crazy fun cakes. So for her project we tried our hand at fondant. We made the marshmallow fondant and she waned to do a purple heart cake with yellow stars. It was a fun project. Maybe in the future our cakes will actually look good. :)
When Sydney starts school I am going to work on ABC's with Tyler. So for his project we made an ABC book. I guess I should say are making. I am hoping to get it finished put together this week. I am really excited at how the pictures turned out! Tyler is super cute in them. I think the Q is my favorite because Tyler is never quiet! :)
For Labor Day we rode the train down to Portland. with my friend Stephanie and her three kids. Boy did Tyler love the train! Such a boy. :) We stopped at the toy store Finnagans, which the kids absolutely loved playing in! They had some really cute toys. After we went and had lunch at Pioneer Court house square. Then we did a few little stores and walked the new skybridge. After we wore everyone out we rode the train back to Beaverton. The kids were definetly tired by the time we got home. Brady was a trooper and slept and smilled and didn't cry at all. He is such an angel!! It was a fun Labor Day.













1 comment:

  1. The cake turned out awesome! Was it hard to use the fondant? So fun.

    ReplyDelete