Monday, June 18, 2012

Visiting the Zoo

My sister Alisa and her kids sent us this great list of things to do over the summer.  We have been working on it and one of the items is to visit the zoo.  It is so much fun!

This spring I was able to go to the Oregon Zoo with Sydney's class. We had a great time, but I wasn't able to get any pictures because it was so crazy busy with hundreds of school kids.  I was in charge of three girls and they loved the zoo.

Since the boys weren't able to go with me, I decided to take them a couple weeks later.  It wasn't the best weather - overcast and a little cool.  But I heard that means the animals are more active.  The favorite animal was the polar bears.  The boys LOVED the polar bears.  They were playing with their toys and trying to get carrots out of them.  Brady especially  loved seeing them move around.  They also liked seeing the black bears.  They were wrestling around and trying to climb trees.  Tyler said that was is most favorite.  We were able to feed some birds.  It is fun to see the animals through little boys eyes.  My favorite is always the hippos.  They are fat and lazy and amaze me every time I see them. With both trips we were able to see all the animals and had so much fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment